Wednesday 19 January 2011

Could your final letter look like this?!

This was written by a family friend. She passed away after a long, long battle with cancer on Christmas day.


"If That Was the Last Time You Saw Me......

Know that I'm dancing! Know that I'm happy! Know that you will always be in my heart.
Know that I love you- this is easy for me to say, as I am at odds with no one.
Know that I have enjoyed my life - it has been filled with amazing joy and delight.
I've found life to be astonishingly beautiful.
Know that the challenges didn't destroy me and the discouragement never lasted.
Know that gratitude has been my key - gratitude and hope and wonder. I hope you won't miss any of it - any of the wonders that surround you.
Know that the end, here, is saturated with peace - I've been close enough to know that.

I'm alive - I'm in life - you'll see me again. We'll talk again. We'll laugh again.

I have complete assurance about where I'm going - it's a trip I've looked forward to, while enjoying life here. I have come to really enjoy living in the tension of how wonder-filled life here has been- yet, knowing that someday, one day, we'll be making the ultimate transition from here to there! From wonder to wonder.

I've talked with God - I know Him - He is not an idea - the reality of Him is staggering, breath-taking, life-changing. We took a chance - got outside the box of "normal" and never regretted a second of it.

Know that I'm free-range now! Tethered to nothing but love, dancing with Jesus.'