Friday 18 February 2011

Sin is a tricky one. We all have different positions on what it means. Most people probably assume they're ok; they dont cheat, murder, steal, commit adultry...the list could be pretty long. Others, like me, are proper little sinners. It's my default. It's not something I just do, its a condition or state that I'm perpetually in. A lot of people I speak with would see Christians as self-righteous. I think some can be, for sure. But surely if you hold your hands up and confess how sinful you are, that's not particularly self righteous is it!? Its the opposite actually. Someone who does that and responds to Jesus is basically saying, i'm so flawed..only His righteousness will save me. Not 'self'. We all stand on level ground in front of the cross, but it depends on our response to it. Are you holding your hands up and saying I need help? Or is your righteousness already secure in your own 'self made' cleanliness?

If you want to know how much God hates sin, just take a look at the cross! He hates our sin so much that He would send His son to torture and to death. This isn't a topic anyone can be neutral on and we definitely all have sin that needs to be pinned to those planks of wood.

Give it a moment or two of your time this weekend. If you can be bothered.