Thursday 10 February 2011

'Then I said to them, "If it seems good to you, give me my wages; but if not, keep them." And they weighed out as my wages thirty pieces of silver. Then the Lord said to me, "Throw it to the potter" - the lordly price at which I was priced by them. So I took the thirty pieces of silver and threw them into the house of the Lord, to the potter.' Zechariah 11 v12-13

'For dogs encompass me; a company of evildoers encircles me; they have pierced my hands and feet - I can count all my bones - they stare and gloat over me; they divide my garments among them, and for my clothing they cast lots.' Psalm 22 v16-18

'Of the increase of his government and of peace there will be no end, on the throne of David and over his kingdom, to establish it and to uphold it with justice and with righteousness from this time forth and forevermore. The zeal of the Lord of hosts will do this.' Isaiah 9 v7


I've just been exploring some of the many many Old Testament prophecies Jesus fulfilled through his birth, life, teaching, betrayal, flogging, execution and raising from the tomb.

If you have the time or indeed, inclination, read some yourself - they're staggering.