Friday 4 March 2011

A few months back, a friend of mine described visiting a Church as like visiting Wales. 'It kinda feels familiar, but it's definitely not like living in England.' A very astute and interesting observation I thought (no offence to Welsh people!).

Well, last night, I met up with a mate who was also present during that conversation a little while back. He too had no church background at all. He hadn't been too fussed about God and was fairly resolutely entering into discussion each week when we met as a group. He had looked like a tough nut to crack from the outset.

Last night, he sat across from me in my living room and informed me that it no longer felt like he was in Wales. 'It feels like I've come home,' he said, with a big smile.

In a couple of weeks time this foul-mouthed, rock 'n rolling drinker is getting baptised.


There's power in the name of Jesus.