Wednesday 16 March 2011

I recently received a message from someone (who shall remain nameless). I had previously sent this person a message encouraging them to join a church home group. It would help them find their feet in their unsteady faith, get them alongside some great spirit-filled people and plug them into church life - probably for the first time.

'Life is too hectic.' 'We just haven't got the time.' ...etc etc...

These guys aren't alone in their excuses. What are yours?

'I'd rather focus on my career'? 'We're thinking of starting a family soon'? 'I'm too tired'? 'We're taking a break from this kinda thing for a bit'? 'We're engaged, so that's as good as married'? 'We just really needed a lie-in this morning'? 'I can't tonight, I'm going to this club for my friend's girlfriend's sister's birthday'?

Really!?

We all have our excuses. But none of us our an exception to the rule.

Which excuses do you think you'll try and blag when you stand before Jesus? It cost Him quite a lot, so you may wish to choose your words more wisely when you decide to ignore the Kingdom for a while longer.