Wednesday 20 April 2011

It's almost Good Friday. Whoever came up with that name probably had some explaining to do. It stuck though.

Bunnies and chocolate eggs aside, this time of year is a ridiculously big deal. It's a bitter-sweet thing really. On Friday i'll try and reflect on how my best and closest friend and God of all creation died. For some, the Easter period marks the end of lent, so chocolate and alcohol are the order of the day. To most it's just a time filled with Bank holidays. 

But to some, it's the time when Jesus died for them. I'm not sure how i'll feel on Friday. It's probably a different emotion each year. But either way, I really hope it hits me for six again. I really hope I can even slightly get my head around the pain of those lashings and thorns; the weight of those nails; the pressure of bearing a world's-worth of sin and shame. 

It's an amazingly Good Friday for us if you think about it for a minute. Put your chocolate bunny down for a sec and try. 

More to follow...