Wednesday 28 September 2011

Who can boast the most!?

Recently, I have spent hour upon hour filling in job application forms. And I mean - HOURS! Whilst doing so this morning, I was listening to a version of 'How Deep the Father's Love for us'. A spine-tingling set of lyrics that gets me every time.

'But I will boast in Jesus Christ', they sing. A.k.a Galatians 6 verse 14: May I never boast except in the cross of our Lord Jesus Christ

It's funny to weigh those words, because those hours I've spent applying for jobs have basically been hours spent boasting about myself. When I am asked to describe skills and attributes that I could bring to a role, I am quick off the mark and able to give chapter and verse about what I have done in my very short and chaotic career - I can wax lyrical about my achievements, without a second thought. I wonder, if I could boast with such determination and conviction about Jesus, when it really mattered?

My greatest achievement is a Bachelor's Degree. His are vast beyond all measure.

"