Wednesday 11 January 2012

God’s been teaching me recently that I need to surrender a bit more to Him. ‘Surrender’ isn’t a particularly easy word or concept to stomach – particularly for guys I think. But He demands it nonetheless. So last night, you might be able to imagine my reaction when I tried surrendering everything I could think of to Him, during a Lifegroup meeting. I should have tried it a while back I think - because it was pretty awesome. We’ve been learning a bit about stress and worry recently – something I'm prone to when I put my mind to it!
 
With several different areas of life sparring with me at the moment, to make the space for an hour or two in God’s presence – unloading and unwinding – was incredibly important. And He made Himself known to me.
 
To quote from the spontaneous song that the worship leader gently played through in the background: There’s not enough world to contain Jesus. There aren’t enough songs, books, paintings or people to contain Jesus. Nature can barely even contain Jesus.
 
I needed to enjoy that vastness last night; because the confines of my mind can be very cluttered and stuffy – He knew that I needed to run around and stretch my legs for a bit.
 
I feel lighter for it today.