Thursday 29 July 2010

It's happening everwhere...

Dusty. Outmoded. The grumblings of old women. Monotonous Hymns. Empty pews. Choir boys. Cold halls. Moaning prayers. Groaning preachers. Droning congregations.

Some of the words you're likely to hear when asking someone on the High Street what words spring to mind when they think of "Church Music".

I've recently been enjoying the new Hillsong album, 'A Beautiful Exchange'.
Watch this clip and see how those views above are not entirely correct in some places.

Not all churches look like this one; most actually. But it inspires me watching stuff like this. It reminds me that the viewpoint I used to share with those on the High Street can in fact be challenged and changed. The old-fashioned becomes the culturally impacting.

The lyrics convey far more than I could achieve here...