Thursday 19 August 2010


Yesterday marked the end of an era - a 12 month project working at my church (www.qrc.org.uk) has been and gone. It wasn't easy. It was draining. Sometimes is was slow. Sometimes it was manic. I had to exercise a lot of faith that the finances would be taken care of throughout the year. They were. I had to trust that this was exactly where God wanted me to be. It was.

Though generally speaking, the project is undertaken as a gap year by most, this was anything but a gap year for me personally. I am 25 with a couple of gap years behind me already after all. I was taking a step of faith in a new direction. Full-time church work is not a doss, regardless of the casual coffee breaks and laid back environment. It's emotionally draining if you do manage to get your heart fully behind it. It comes with a weighty responsibility. The pay sucks. And things don't exactly land on a plate in front of you - much prayer, consideration and hope is pinned on what happens.

So, as I look back on a pretty fruitful, fairly busy, lesson-packed and thoughtful 12 months as the resident FP-er at QRC, I can, with hand on heart, confirm that it was worth it!

I have grown throughout it. I have been tested by it. I have cried for it. I have laughed at it. I have been fed up with it. I have been passionately hungry for it.

And it was worth it.

I'm no longer working full-time at Queens Road Church, Wimbledon...but who am I to assume that the post-FP Impact year wont be more of a kingdom building year than this one?!?!?

The next chapter could be huge!