Tuesday 5 October 2010

I was cooking dinner for some people this evening. Two of them said they had never been too keen on mushrooms, so I agreed to leave them out of the meal. It got me wondering though. How many people assume they still don't like mushrooms, just because they ate them in their youth, decided they weren't 'mushroom-people', and then resolved never to touch them again for as long as they lived!?! Probably loads of people, I reckon.

Well. How many people got told there was no God when they were children? How many atheistic parents talked down any of the truth of who Jesus was or what He accomplished? How much negativity towards the Bible, God, the cross, Heaven and Christian community is passed down from generation to generation and is imprinted on young hearts before they can even weigh it for themselves?


Maybe you hated mushrooms as a child?!
Maybe it's about time you forgot hand-me-down grievances towards Jesus and gave Him a chance in your adulthood!?!