Sunday 28 November 2010

This morning I witnessed an amazing thing. Four men stood before well over four hundred people and declared Jesus Christ their Lord and Saviour. They then walked down four steps into a baptismal pool and were baptised, just as it says Christians should do in Acts 2 verse 38. They all had incredible stories, and it was especially poignant to see a 16 year old I have known all his life get baptised by his Grandfather. But something was said by one of the others that resonated more than anything.

A 47-year old bus driver walked into our church almost 8 months ago. Today he spoke of being captivated by what he heard and saw. I looked on as his daughter and wife were emotionally taking in the scene - their Dad and husband's life was being transformed before their very eyes, forever.

I had a lump in my throat.

"I heard a great roar." His words not mine.

Those five words make the hairs on my neck stand on end. Those five words sum up God's Kingdom: it's being built everyday; it's victorious everyday; it's alive everyday.