Thursday 25 November 2010

Read this recently. Loved it.

'He is the true lover of men who faithfully warns them concerning the eternal woe that awaits the impenitent; while he who paints the miseries of hell as though they were but trifling is seeking to murder men's souls under the pretext of friendship.' (Charles Spurgeon)

Many people very close to me have read this blog over the last weeks and months. Some of them understand the truth I write about for themselves. Others probably think I've turned slightly fanatical and would like me to keep quiet about what I believe in. But I read a quote like this and I realise all the more that I'd rather write stuff that puts their noses out of joint a bit and lovingly confronts comfort than to pat them on the back and congratulate them on a great, God-less life.

These blogs 'aint a list of rants , they'e one long plea.