Friday 8 April 2011

Contained in the hum between voice and drum

Last night I went to a pretty amazing gig. My ears are still ringing after a couple of hours of heart-thudding baselines. I loved the atmosphere, the music was immense and the guy on stage is one of the coolest customers around. Thousands had their hands aloft as he worked them into a delirious frenzy (the drug cocktail was probably helping them too!).


There's much that could be remarked on regarding the clubbing/dance scene. But I'd rather pursue holiness than hedonism. When I see Heaven, there may well be amazing laser shows, pulsating crowds and a party atmosphere. But I know who i'll be lifting my hands to.


The guy singing is pretty talented, and if you check some of these lyrics, he's pretty much on the money. Shame it's for his own glory and not Jesus' though.  


Friend what is it that you seek
What is it that you try to find
Someday I hope you realized
It shined in you all the time.
Hills to climb, sights to see, seas to cross,
Friends to make, hands to shake, the world is yours,
Foods to taste, sounds to hear, love to feel,
Seeds to sew, things to know, fish to reel,
Space to quiz, stones to lift, life's a gift



God is indeed a DJ.