Friday 29 July 2011

Patience is a virtue; but waiting is also a bloomin' tough game!

'Have I not commanded you? Be strong and courageous. Do not be afraid; do not be discouraged, for the lord your God will be with you wherever you go.' 

- Joshua 1 v9

Today is my last day on staff at my church. After a month in south-east Asia, i'll return unemployed and looking for a new start in something. Very daunting to say the least. So I thank God when I stumble across verses like this one! When Joshua was facing the challenge of his lifetime, assuming leadership from the recently deceased Moses, he must have seen a mountain of a task ahead of him. So, the comparison here is rather distorted, I recognise that! But one man's mountain, is another man's molehill (that's not an ancient proverb...I just made it up).

I wait prayerfully and hopefully for September. He know's what's next!