Tuesday 25 October 2011

I used to be blind. And God gave me sight. 

I don't mean that my eyes didn't work - not that kind of blind. But I did stumble around in complete darkness, as though I had no sight. I used to think that I could define my own identity and that my popularity was a secure foundation to live on. 

Darkness. 

I used to think that drinking and smoking all the time was wise. 

Darknes. 

I used to chase relationships, good times and incredibly fleeting pleasures; with little regard for the impact upon my body, friendships and future marriage. 

Pitch blackness. 

'The man replied, “This is amazing! You claim to know nothing about him, but the fact is, he opened my eyes!' John 9 v30

'Jesus then said, “I came into the world to bring everything into the clear light of day, making all the distinctions clear, so that those who have never seen will see, and those who have made a great pretense of seeing will be exposed as blind.” John 9 v39