Monday 28 November 2011

A lump in the throat moment...

I’ve been thinking about the girl who I met yesterday – moments before I met her, she had decided to commit her life to Jesus. When I heard the news, I said ‘...ah cool!’

Understatement of the year!

If you think about it, this is an unbelievable piece of info. This girl’s life and eternity has just been totally and utterly transformed. For EVER. I don’t know what her past looks like. I’m not sure what she’s done with the twenty-something years to date – what horrible sins she might have committed, or what ‘good deeds’ she thought she’d notched up along the way. It actually matters not any longer. The slate got wiped completely clean for this girl yesterday. Totally and irrevocably washed clean – it is absolutely amazing. ‘Ah cool’ doesn’t even begin to cut it. I can’t even fathom the celebrations in Heaven when she prayed that prayer, asking Jesus to become her Saviour once and for all. The hush that surrounded thousands and thousands and thousands of Angels as she stepped forward from her seat and approached a member of the prayer team – the anticipation, as they waited with baited breath. Jesus may have leaned forward slightly with the expectation - gripping the arms of His throne with excitement. It had been a moment earmarked on the calendar up there for quite some time, I’d imagine.

When it was sealed with an ‘Amen’, the roar must have been deafening.