Tuesday 27 March 2012

This is my 250th blog. Fact.

I'm not going to try and pull something out of the bag that attempts to trump anything else I've written on here. I'm not going to waffle on for too long either. I’m just gonna rely on some fairly awesome scripture that somebody gave me today. Having visited a Prayer Clinic at my church (yes – they do exist), a lady read this while she prayed for me:

'Trust in the LORD and do good; dwell in the land and enjoy safe pasture. Take delight in the LORD, and he will give you the desires of your heart. Commit your way to the LORD; trust in him and he will do this: He will make your righteous reward shine like the dawn, your vindication like the noonday sun. Be still before the LORD and wait patiently for him; do not fret when people succeed in their ways, when they carry out their wicked schemes. Refrain from anger and turn from wrath; do not fret — it leads only to evil. For those who are evil will be destroyed, but those who hope in the LORD will inherit the land.'

And then a bit later on...

'The LORD makes firm the steps of the one who delights in him; though he may stumble, he will not fall, for the LORD upholds him with his hand. I was young and now I am old, yet I have never seen the righteous forsaken or their children begging bread. They are always generous and lend freely; their children will be a blessing. Turn from evil and do good; then you will dwell in the land forever. For the LORD loves the just and will not forsake his faithful ones.' (From Psalm 37)



I'll take that kind of prayer any day! I really needed that too :)