Thursday 22 March 2012

He will blow your mind in order to captivate your heart.

More often than not, I like to blog about the stuff that God is speaking to me about throughout the week. Every so often there is a subject too overwhelming or personal to just stick on a website without a second thought.

Not too long ago I wrote something regarding being stuck in the mist whilst climbing a mountain (basically struggling through a long period of praying for a job). I've been hoping for clarity and direction to come and for that 'mist' to clear, so that I can start enjoying some of the amazing views. Well, some of that mist is now clearing I think.

And no,I haven't found a job yet.

Something far more amazing has happened. Towards the end of last year, and already a couple of months into the job hunt, I clearly felt God tell me that He would bless us with a baby before the year was out! That I was to put trust in Him for that and that trusting for work would later follow. It sounds crazy doesn't it!? Why on Earth would I/we want something so monumentally life-changing to come along, when I've barely made more than a penny for 6 months? The world would scream 'YOU'RE CRAZY!!!!'. God would say 'Trust in me, I know what I am doing.'

So with that promise in mind, we did. And then He did. And now we are (so to speak).

It's easy to turn yourself in knots over an issue like finding employment. But then, when God tells you He's going to bless you with new life, and then He begins hand-crafting that life, almost immediately, it's hard to believe that He won't cover our backs with all the provision we'll need along the way.

I've been praying for specific things that I'm looking for in a job; things that I think will bring me happiness. Instead, His focus was to ensure that my baby's heart started beating. That its fingernails began growing OK.

Most people would be freaking out that a baby was on the way, particularly seeing as the Dad is unemployed.

But 14 weeks in, and I'm actually at far more peace about it all than I have been for 6 months.

I never expected the mist to clear in such a way.




It's currently the size of a lemon by the way.