Saturday 28 April 2012

Get used to the unexpected

It's been a while since I put anything on here. Not sure why really, as a fair amount has been going on. I started a new job just over a week ago. It brings something of a conclusion to what has been the most bizarre and tough journey I think I've ever been on. 8 months ago, if you told me I was going to go through unemployment, disappointment, confusion and generally being a bit pissed off with God at regular intervals - to then end up back at a job I left over 2 years ago - I'm sure I wouldn't have believed you. But that's pretty much how it panned out - and I wouldn't have changed how it unfolded I don't think (with the incredibly helpful benefit of hindsight!). When God needs to teach you a lesson or two, not only can you be sure that He'll teach it to you until it has been thoroughly learnt, but He'll also take you down avenues you never imagined He would. Sometimes it's like sitting on a rollercoaster, sometimes it's like sitting in traffic for hours. I'm not sure which is more painful. So with MANY prayers prayed, many doors closed, I now find myself sitting back at my old desk, working in a great team for a really innovative company. It feels like it has been a long round trip to get back here, but it's pretty darn clear that this is where He needed me to be. I'm really looking forward to seeing how He uses me in this place.