Sunday 15 April 2012

Just a quick story for you - if you believe in this stuff, it'll encourage you. If you don't already, it should prompt some fairly significant thoughts.

As a Christian, I believe that God still speaks to people today. This morning I believed that I heard Him say to me that a person (wearing green) was in our church meeting, with pain to their left knee. 

I had planned to share this at the end of the meeting, in the hope that that person would respond and we could pray for it.

But He (God) beat me to it. A man approached me and asked for prayer for his left knee! Regardless of what I had been anticipating, you can imagine my surprise! 

I prayed together with the guy. Nothing happened - no significant improvements. So we persisted for a bit longer. 

After a few minutes I suggested that he test the knee by moving it around and generally using it in ways that might have usually been uncomfortable. 

The pain was totally gone. His response was: "It feels weird because I'm used to feeling pain there, and now it's completely gone!"

You might think that God doesn't exist; that miracles don't happen and that there's no way He speaks to people. 

Well... what do you make of this then?? Not only did I picture the scene, but it then happened as I'd seen it and then the man walked away, completely healed. 

He was also wearing a green shirt by the way.