Tuesday 29 May 2012

'Though you have not seen Him, you love Him; and even though you do not see Him now, you believe in Him and are filled with an inexpressible and glorious joy'(1 Peter 1:8)

Somebody text this to me this morning. A pretty awesome truth if you take the time to actually let it soak in. As I was reading it, I was sat on my balcony in the sun, enjoying some breakfast. I'd just prayed with my wife before she left for work and then smashed a glass full of drink everywhere. Both events were pretty joyful to be honest.

Sounds strange really.

Most people would think that praying with someone each morning would be a chore. And having to clear up a razor-sharp mess from the carpet would certainly be aggro. But I just felt really joyful. And I think it's explained through this verse.

Today might suck. It might be tough and tedious or it could be full of laughter and hope. Either way, when you walk closely with Jesus, there's an inexpressible and glorious joy that underlines life.

So inexpressible that I'm struggling to actually describe it!

God has a plan for you which you won't fully be able to grasp. He's too big and too powerful to fully fathom. But give Him the glory for the bits you can get your head around and just see how much peace floods into your life each day.

I betcha it happens...