Tuesday 22 November 2011

The below was sent to me by a good mate, and is taken from something the late David Wilkersen once commented on.

‘God’s last-day church will go “out and preach everywhere, the Lord working with them and confirming the word through the accompanying signs” (Mark 16 v20). That is what God envisions for us.

The miracles of this last-day church will be genuine, indisputable, undeniable, and yet they will not be well known. Instead, they will issue forth from the hands of ordinary, holy, separated saints who know God and are intimate with Jesus.

These believers will emerge from the secret closet of prayer— a small, prepared army full of faith, with no other desire than to do the will of God and glorify Him. They will be fearless and powerful in prayer. They will open entire nations for the gospel and God will confirm His Word by their mighty deeds!’

This comes after having had my mind blown by watching Furious Love last night. Many had raved about it to me, but I had only managed to recently get hold of a copy. To say that it made me want to get off my lard arse and do something for God’s Kingdom, is an understatement. I’m tired of not experiencing more of God. I’m so used to hearing stories about others experiencing Him in the darkest of places. I heard last night of hundreds of Christians who were secretly killed in a small town in India – the media were never given the opportunity to report on it, so only Heaven really knows about their sacrifice for what they believe in.

It makes me wonder…if these people can refuse a Jesus-denial, even when a machete is held to their throats, what is my reward going to look like in Heaven in comparison? I can rarely even engage my friends/ colleagues in discussion about Him – we have it SO easy over here! We say that Jesus is our all – along with the money, promotion, comfort, relationships, sex, food etc etc. But for these people, left worshipping in the aftermath…He literally IS their all.

The easiest thing we could do to start readdressing this imbalance, is to start praying. Lots. And lots. But even that will undoubtedly be effected by a TV schedule, a pub trip, a dopey commute or just plain laziness! Not exactly a machete to the throat or a club to the face now is it.

What incredibly large idols need torpedoing in order for you to see through the fog of the West and give Him your everything?