Saturday 9 June 2012


'For this is what the Sovereign lord says: I myself will search for my sheep and look after them. As a shepherd looks after his scattered flock when he is with them, so will I look after my sheep. I will rescue them from all the places where they were scattered on a day of clouds and darkness.'
- Ezekial 34 v11-12

'Sovereign lord, my strong deliverer, you shield my head in the day of battle.'
- Psalm 140 v7

Sometimes life throws a curve ball. Last night as we chatted and prayed with two of our good friends, such a curve ball was discussed. We love these guys, but they are seriously going through it at the moment.

As they unpacked the situation it would have been easy to see the doom and gloom of it all - like a heavy black cloud thundering right over their heads. But all I could see was peace. 

If I was in their situation (which is totally not beyond the bounds of possibility), I'm not sure how I'd be responding; though I really hope and pray that my reaction might mirror theirs somewhat.

She said: "How could we NOT still praise God through this!?" 

When God takes the top spot in your life, that doesn't mean it's all flowers and sunshine from here on in. The tough times are sure to still come - as our friends can very recently testify. But the grace and peace that God floods you with is truly remarkable. 

They should be angry and confused with God - most would be, considering the situation. Instead, these guys still proclaim Him as Sovereign. 

Whatever the outcome, they're gonna make sure He's glorified.